Thursday, July 26, 2012

Talia's 7th birthday

Talia turned 7 in June and we had a "Pancakes and Pajamas" party.  It was from 9-11 in the morning and all the girls were asked to wear pj's and bring a blanket and/or pillow.  When they arrived we had a pancake bar, complete with pancakes and all the toppings:  chocolate chips, blueberries, strawberries, jam, syrups, whip cream, sprinkles, etc.   

Pancake breakfast

More pancakes please!

Yum Yum!


Then the girls went downstairs with their blankets and pillows and watched Talia's favorite cartoon--Tom and Jerry!

 After the cartoon watching, we opened presents and then moved on to the craft--coloring pillow cases.

We finished with a "Happy Birthday" song and blowing out the candles on her doughnut.  I didn't get a picture of the party favors, but they were the pillowcases the girls colored along with a bowl and small box of cereal.  



Talia loved her birthday party, and I loved that it was over by 11 a.m.!!  All the girls seemed to have a lot of fun, and Talia got the pajama party she has wanted for a few years.  The birthday party was the day before her actual birthday, because I was an absentee mom and left to run the Ragnar on her birthday.  But I made sure to recruit people even better than me to help her celebrate--her wonderful Aunts Ashley and Becky!  While I was running, they took her to dinner, took her skating at Classic Skating, and had an awesome sleepover at Grandma Bevie's.  Here's a shout out to Ashley and Becky, the best aunts a girl could have--thanks SO much!!

We had our family party two days after her birthday.  Here is a picture of her cake:

She requested a cake that looked like her beloved stuffed dog, Molly.  I lined the sides of the cake with starbursts, her favorite candy.


 A few of her favorite gifts:
Dangly earrings! So grownup!

Dreamlite--seemed like a waste of money at the time, but has been the best thing ever!

Roller skates!

Polly pockets!
What started out as being "the worst birthday ever" (her words when she found out I would be gone on her birthday) ended up being a whole weekend of celebrations--lucky Talia!  I love this girl so much--she is so fun, creative, imaginative, whimsical, sweet, and loving.  She still tells me constantly that she loves me--which is always music to a mother's ears.  She is always making up stories or dances or elaborate play worlds for her and Cody.  Life would be much more dull without Talia around.  We sure love her!!

No comments: