Christmas morning started at our house around 6:00 a.m. (It actually started at midnight, because I was still up wrapping, setting up, etc) when Talia woke up and cried for another sippy. I got up to get her one, and as I was going upstairs Rob and Sarah came out of their rooms and asked to go see what they got. Little did I know that they had already been down to check out their gifts 30 min earlier, but didn't want to tell me because they thought it wasn't allowed. Anyway, they were ecstatic with what Santa brought (a Wii for Rob and an Easy Bake oven for Sarah). They wanted to open everything else, but I said no way. I went back to bed and told them to wake me up at 8. Don't ask me what they did for 2 hours--I don't really care. But at 8 am sharp, they were tapping on my shoulder, telling me it was time to open gifts. Chris and I got up and got Talia up (who was thrilled with her Cinderella dress-up outfit and shoes that Santa left her) and we opened everything else. The kids got plenty of new clothes. Sarah and Talia were excited about their matching newborn Baby Alive dolls and strollers. Rob got a Red Ryder BB gun. It was a great Christmas! After opening gifts, we had a great breakfast and then packed up and headed to the Matthews for more Christmas celebration! We stayed two nights there, and enjoyed spending the time with Allison's family. The kids loved seeing their cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents again.
1 comment:
I don't know how I missed these posts! But they are wonderful! I love the easy bake oven. :) Sarah will have to invite us over for a delectable treat!
Post a Comment