Saturday, September 11, 2010

Summer 2010--Talia takes ballet

Talia has taken a combo jazz/ballet class at a local dance studio for a year and a half, but she was always saying that she wanted to take "real ballet". So this summer I enrolled her in a 6 week ballet class at a formal ballet studio in Lindon. At the end of the six weeks, they had a small recital. Here are some pics:









At all the other recitals I have been to, we were never allowed to take video or photography during the performance. So I was surprised and not prepared when they told us before the recital that we could take all the pics and video we wanted to. My camera was almost out of batteries and wouldn't let me take much video, so this is all I got. Talia is the second one in line when they start to run in on the right.





Interestingly enough, after taking the class Talia has NO desire to take any more ballet. She told me she doesn't need to take ballet anymore--she already knows it!

No comments: