The kids and I joined a few friends and hiked to Timp Cave one morning in August. They don't allow child backpacks in the cave and Cody was, of course, scared of the dark, so I had to hold him the entire way through the cave--needless to say, my arms needed a rest once we got out! The kids had never been to Timp Cave before, and so it was fun for them to see it. The park ranger guiding the tour was great, and geared her presentation toward the kids, so they learned a lot. Afterwards we ate lunch at the cafe at the visitors center. I also realized what a great place American Fork canyon is--and it's practically in our backyard! I took the kids up two days later to an evening ranger chat, and they liked that, too. We'll definitely be using this canyon more from now on!
Robbie and the "heart" of the cave
.jpg)

On the way up--we went with the Pratts and the Browns


Yes, I hauled Cody the whole way up on my back--the trail is not very long, but it's awfully steep!
No comments:
Post a Comment